Saturday 12 March 2011

Lumodi Beauty Dish Review.

I decided to get this item after deliberating what type to get. I ended up with this Lumodi one as it was going to be very useful for use with speedlights which means easy location shooting.



I placed my order with Ebay and approximately seven days later i received a large cardboard box all the way from California, where its hand made by elves i imagine. with furvish anticipation i ripped open the box to discover my lighting treat. I was very surprised.....


I was surprised at the weight of this item as from the pictures it looked rather substantial, i will say it is a pleaseant surprise as the item weighs practically nothing which is ideal for speedlight use. It is rather flimsy vacuum formed light weight plastic but on the other hand for strobist use this is exactly what you want, as little weight as possible.


The Dish comprises of a black outer dish which is sprayed white on the inner surface, a silver concal diffuser with black cap and clear inner shield. apparently you can order the sticker to come with your studio logo on if you want. The opening receptical for the speedlight fitted snuggly over my Sigma 530DG flash head and it felt quite solid when attached. its secured by a velcro strap. The whole thing is that lite that i had full confidence that it wouldnt strain the speedlight.






On testing this thing i instantly felt comfortable with it and love my images from the lumodi, you can see some from my other posts. I would say that you probably lose about two stops of light through this modifier, ive used it on location, and studio and cant stress how pleased i am with its ease of use. The spread of light is good and its light enough for someone to hold it extended on a stand if required.

Perfect for location shooting!.

Check out there website..... www.lumodi.com

Snap one of these up before everyone else realises how good they are and the prices sky rocket, this could be the next gary fong light bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment