Thursday 17 March 2011

Sheffield Boxing Show Pics

Ok so ive finally got round to going through the photo's for Sheffield Lane top Boxing club's show. (1500 odd and still editing :( ). Its my first time shooting a boxing match and quite enjoted it, will definately do it again should the opportunity arise.

I got the opportunity as i had used the clubs Gym for a shoot and owed a favour to the owner Keith. So i went along armed with my trusty Nikon D700 and a few different lenses. I used primarily the 70-200 f2.8, and a 24mm f2.8 prime ( Which i actually think i prefered the dynamics of for this). I have to admit that the 24mm f1.4 looks really tempting to me right now. Only one obsticle and thats the price! But i do find myself shooting with the 24mm a lot more recently.

24mm

24mm

70-200mm 


For Some reason Black and White photography and boxing are a match made in heaven and i just love the shadows and grit that shows through, even with the kids boxing. The Nikon D700 performed as it should in really terrible lighting but every time i take a picture at ISO 6400 it amazes me the way it hardly shows any noise, and the noise it does show looks like film grain. (Great!)

You can see a lot more pics on my website in the client area www.andrewscottclarke.com or on my facebook page Andrew scott clarke- facebook

Got a lot more reviews coming up for equipment soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment